Tuesday 7 July 2009

So what are you actually doing in India?

I've realised I've not provided much info on what I'm going to be doing here. So If you're interested, read on. If you're not, you have my complete support to keep on surfing the web :)

I'm working for a volunteering not for profit organisation which send volunteers to India. The main aim is to increase global citizenship within young people from the UK. The idea is that the amount of help you can actually provide in a few months in India is limited. However the young person can make a much bigger and longer term impact by the choices they make when they return to the UK. As a young person with first hand experience of living in India, they can make informed decisions for the rest of their life.

So my role consists of supporting the volunteers. In practical terms this means providing in country training, and visiting them at their place of work. The volunteers will be working all over India, and so my colleague and I will be going to various places. Once we have visited them twice, we'll head back to Pondicherry ready to receive some new volunteers in September, and start the whole thing again. Brilliant! Well, I hope so :)

No comments:

Post a Comment